Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

December 07, 2015

Visit to Santa ...

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday my youngest daughter Vickie and I took Isabella to see Santa. Here they are !!

Vickie is Grandmother and I am Great Gran to the beautiful four year old Isabella and we had a lovely day out.

The weather was really kind to us after all the rain on Saturday and it wasn't all that cold either.

We wrapped up warm and off we went
 We took her for afternoon tea in a really quaint little cafe am the man that served us had a turkey hat on which highly amused Isabella

The afternoon tea was served on layered platers and it was plentiful

Jelly and Ice cream were served to her in little buckets complete with spade and she ate most of it too

And in the cafe Isabella and I sang "Happy Birthday dear Nana"  to Vickie as it was her birthday that day


 Then it was off to ride the land train into Astley Park as Santa was at the big old house inside the park.

She was so excited to see the train .. Vickie I mean and Isabella loved it too ..... and me !!

We waved to everybody that we passed as we drove through the streets to the park and as we got nearer to the house Santa was waiting at the door to greet us.

All the children on the train were so  pleased to see him and they were all calling out to him

Face painting was the order of the day before Isabella went to see Santa and it was part of the cost of the ticket

There where several options for the design but Isabella was set on having Santas face.

The lady said she would do a special one with some flowers for her and this was the end result.

Of course we had one really pleased little girl for the rest of the day.

So now with this pretty paint work it was off to visit Santa in his Grotto

She was very quiet when she met him but said "Thank you  Santa " for the gift he gave her.

Then once outside she couldn't wait to open it.

In another part of the park there was an exhibition of the the artist who had painted the Gruffalo and we went to see that too.

The artwork is lovely and of course Isabella knew who the character was

This is Vickie reading the story of "Room On The Broom" to us but Isabella wanted to be off exploring .... I thought it was very good though !!

Then  all too soon it was time to get back on the land train and head back into town, and by now it was going dark.

Chorley is lit up with Christmas lights and it looked really pretty as they twinkled in the growing darkness.

Vickie and I started to sing some songs and to our surprise others joined in too. So if you where on the that train listening to the catawailing then you have my sympathy

Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, Jingle Bells, Away in a manger and others were all sung loudly

On the way back home in the car we sang several verses of "If Your Happy And You Know It" and we each made something up for the song to be happy about.

There was a lot of noise and laughter on out day trip and we took Isabella back to her mum tired and happy. She was a pleasure to take out and a joy to be with and Vickie was a good girl too.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx




27 comments:

  1. You are blessed to be able to spend time with all the generations, sounds like a fun day
    Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas
    I wont be able to comment on the Friday card until after Christmas as tomorrow I leave Melbourne for India,We will spend Christmas away from the internet in a small village, so look forward to trying my luck in the new year
    Cheers Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was thinking of you yesterday and hoping the weather improved. Thank goodness it did and you all enjoyed a great day out.The photos look lovely and the face painting is real "Christmassy!" xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great girlie day
    Wishing you and family a very happy Christmas, I will be away from the computer till the end of the month, spending time in a small jungle village in India, a bit of a change from a hot Aussie Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a completely delightful day you had! It sounds like you made some very special memories. The pictures are wonderful and Isabella is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing your wonderful day out. sounds like a perfect family day. glad the weather was good for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina, there is no greater joy, than children, under ten yrs of age. I say ten because they can by that time know if you are spinning them a yarn, which is a grandmas perogative.
    You live in one of the most magical towns, that all children should be allowed to visit.. I brings back so many memories from my childhood and my children's too. Thank you for sharing your day out. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Christina :) Ohhhhhh Thank you Soooooo Much for Sharing your Wonderful Day with Isabella and Vickie. Your Post was so Joyful and filled with Such Love, it brought tears to my eyes and really touched my heart and raised my spirits. Isabella is such a Precious Little One. And, I'm so glad Vickie was a "Good Girl" too... that was cute! Enjoy a glorious day. You've made mine perfect! Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a most amazing day with little Isabella and Vickie, grandchildren are so precious and we just love to see them having fun....Bless you....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina
    It sounds like you all had a brilliant time and I think the magic is all the better when you have a little girl who believes. She looks adorable ( you two look good also) and so excited - it's lovely to see.
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thank you for sharing your happy day ,it did my heart good to read it, and brought back some happy memories of my own .
    Thank You again Christina.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christina, you all seemed to be having a great time glad you had a good day.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful day, I have really enjoyed it. Glad the weather behaved itself for you. Our Grandsons are too old now for this kind of experience and I really miss it.
    Hugs Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete

  13. What great memories for all three of yous...wonderful pictures and time together....tfs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Afternoon Christina,
    Sounds like you all had a wonderful day. Lovely photos.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a really special day. Thanks for sharing. Isabella is a precious little darling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun day! My granddaughter and I built and decorated a gingerbread house yesterday,that was a challenge but so much fun :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!. What a fun way to spend time with your family. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

  18. thank you for sharing such love and fun. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like all 3 of you had a very special day! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds as though you had a wonderful day Christina. Tomorrow I'm going to see my 5 year old granddaughter in her first nativity play at school. I'm so looking forward to it as I love seeing the little ones performing. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Christina, what a wonderful day the three of you had, children make it all the more magical.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your sense of humor, Christina. You have such a beautiful family..such wonderful smiles. I wish all of you the happiest of Christmases.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Christina, thank you for sharing your wonderful day along with the lovely pics with us. I'm still waiting for grandchildren but I know I'll have lots of fun making our own special memories when the time arrives. I'd love to have a cold and white xmas along with all the wonderful atmosphere it creates. But being an Aussie that's the last thing we'll be experiencing. Oh well dream on...Janelle x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful day you had together. Lucky you to get to take out your baby as well as the baby in the family :) Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful day out for Isabella and her two grandma's. I loved to do that too. Wonderful Photo's too. Thank
    you for sharing Christina. Brought a smile to my face and wonderful memories too. Bless you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Christina, another post to warm our hearts. How fun!! I wish I would have been a fly on the wall to watch the tea and ride the train and meet Santa.
    My four year old granddaughter had her birthday last week and because of distance I had to send her gift and card. The card had her favorite Disney princesses. It was complete with castle and horse and carriage. All the fussy cutting was worth it as she loved it including ribbon and bling. It was a book card and she took it to daycare today. She told her mom "MeMa really loves me". Miss her.
    Today I am making a basketball card for one grandson. Trying to keep up with cards for 16 grandchildren and making cards tailored to their interests.
    You are a huge inspiration with my card making. Thank you so much.
    ~Blessings, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Christina, what a magical time it is for children at this time of the year so special being a part of it, you will have wonderful memories to keep forever.
    Thanks for sharing your special day with us.
    With love
    Anne Owens xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...